Thursday, 6 January 2011
Safari
This is what I had been waiting to do the most. The safari. I couldn't wait to see all the wild animals, most of all my favourite animal an Elephant! So we left around 9am and finally entered the national Kruger park. Which we almost didn't get into because if you wasn't from SA you had to show ID... Which we didn't have on us, but luckily Jackie blagged our way through saying we were south Africans. Lucky!
Then, off we went. Was a long trip round taking about 8 hours to get round not even Quarter of the park, but we ended up seeing loads of animals...
Lions
Elephants
Rhinos
Hippos
Giraffes
Zebras
Impala
Crocodile
Monkeys- baboons
Kudu
Wilde beasts
King fisher
African darter
Tortoises
Turtle
Mongooses
Warthogs
The fact that they are all wild was just amazing! And I have to say it was one of the best experiences I have had. Elephants are my favourite animals like I said, but when your parked beside one and it's not enclosed it is pretty scary. Morgan was especially scared and screamed his head off, bless him. The baboons were probably the best part, there was loads! They was on the roof of peoples cars including ours and they was just so funny to watch. The whole day was just amazing.
We returned to the lodge & picked Alice up who had spent the day relaxing. We went to a lovely restaurant. The food was gorgeous and we had a good night :-) shame about the weather... cold and rainy.
Got back to the lodge about 8/9 pm and was all so tired from our trip so went to bed as we have a long trip back home to grandees in the morning.
Elle
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Excellent updates Elle - So where are your Dad's photos from the Safari?! Can't wait to see some.
ReplyDeleteKeep the updates coming!